Zend Framework, also referred to as ZF is an object oriented, open sources framework for web application that can be implemented in PHP5. It was released almost 9 years ago in 2006 by Zend Technologies. It supports a cross border operating system and possesses the New BSD License.
Some of the key features of this framework include:
• Each and every component is compliant with E_STRICT and are fully oriented with PHP5.
• You have extensible MVC layouts that support implementation and the template provided by default are PHP Based.
• There is support available foor multiple database vendors and systems including Oracle, Microsoft SQL, IBM DB2, MySQL, SQLite and MariaDB.
• Email writing and delivery and retrieval of the same using POP3, Maildir, mbox or IMAP4.
• A flexible sub system for cashing with complete support from different types of back ends like file and memory.
The first development was the release of the 2.0 in 2010. The second development came amount in 2010. The very first stable release of the 2.0 was in 2012. Although the prominent contributors of this framework are encouraging usage of the version 2.X, the earlier version, 1.X will be maintained for the time being. The planning for version 3 has begun and more will be known about it soon.